Find It Now
What is your fitness goal? More energy for activities with your family, losing weight or just feeling better? A membership at the Medina Rec is your ticket to reaching your goals! The Medina Community Recreation Center offers everything you need to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. The MCRC has something for all ages -from fun and healthy programs for young children all the way through informative and active programs for Seniors. Membership includes full use of the facility:
- Fitness Center & Free Weights Area - over 60 pieces of cardiovascular fitness equipment including treadmills, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, elliptical trainer and steppers, arc trainers and rowers plus 35 stations of Cybex selectorized weight equipment and six TV screens for watching while you work out.
- Leisure Pool - features water geysers, a current channel, spray-ground and play structures including a 129 foot waterslide. For easy entry it has a zero depth, much like walking into the ocean. Lap lanes and a whirlpool are enjoyed by the adults. Lifeguards are always on duty.
- Competition Pool - has eight lap lanes and is 25 meters long with two diving boards.
- Jogging/Walking Track - a one-twelfth mile track with four lanes for walking and jogging.
- Field House - over 24,000 square feet with four multipurpose courts lined for basketball, volleyball, tennis and badminton. Court 1 & 2 have adjustable hoop heights for varying age groups.
- Locker Rooms - each have a sauna and family dressing rooms for parents with small children and special needs individuals.
- Aerobics Rooms – two rooms can be combined into one large room, conducive to aerobic, dance and martial arts programs with mirrored walls, sound system and suspended wood flooring. Members receive discounted rates for all aerobics classes.
- Community Rooms – three bright rooms that are available for rent for birthday parties, showers, business meetings, non-profit meetings, etc. Two rooms seat 30-35 people and the largest room can seat 60 to 65 people. Each room has Wi-fi access, projector hookup to computer, pull down screen and sound system. There is a kitchen with sink, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and counter prep space that is shared by the rooms. Members receive discounted rental rates.
- The Rascal Room - a fun child activity center for ages 6 months to 8 years of age that is a safe child care alternative for parents using the MCRC with planned activities, crafts and a walled-in outdoor playground. Parents can pay per visit or purchase a discount punch card.
2018 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP RATES
*Resident: Person who lives within the Medina City limits or within the Medina City School District or who pays city property tax and city income tax.
*Universal: Person who does not live within the Medina City limits or within the Medina City School District
ALREADY AN MCRC MEMBER? RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP BEFORE YOUR EXPIRATION DATE AND SAVE!!
|Type||Resident* NEW||Resident* RENEWAL|
|College Student (18-25)||$173||$161|
2-Person (same household)
|Family (up to 5 members)**||$564||$527|
|College Student (18-25)||$240||$225|
|2-Person (same household)||$594||$552|
|Family (up to 5 members)**||$785||$738|
- Proof of residency (current utility bill from past 30 days or tax duplicate)
- Birth certificates or valid photo identification with age
- College tuiition statement or current course schedule if applicable
If your employer is a member of Greater Medina Chamber of Commerce, all employees can receive 20% off MCRC membership fees, whether you live in Medina or not. And the 20% comes off the already lower resident rate. Inquire at the MCRC Front Desk.
Current Organizations with MCRC Corporate Memberships
Links to these participating organizations:
DAY PASSES AND GROUP DISCOUNTS
DAY PASSES are great if you just want to stop by to enjoy the liesure pool or join a pick-up game in the Field House or walk the track when it's raining outside. Day Passes are $7 per visit or you can purchase multiple visit punch cards for a discount: 5 visits for $25 or 10 visits for $50. When you're ready to become a member of MCRC you can deduct the cost of the punch card from your annual membership fee.
You can purchase a Daily Pass given the following policies:
- Patrons must be at least 13 years of age to purchase
- Must present a valid photo ID with birthdate
- Passes are valid for current day only
- If you enjoy your stay, purchase an annual membership (within 2 months) minus the cost of the punch card (Discount applied to maximum of $50 in punch cards purchased)
- Bring a group to enjoy the beautiful facilities of the MCRC and receive a discount on single day admission:
- Groups of 10-25 - $5 per person
- Groups of 26+ - $4 per person
ALL NON-MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO SHOW A PHOTO ID IN ORDER TO ENTER THE FACILITY
State Identification Card
MCRC issued Rec ID (for guests 16 years and younger)
Acceptable Photo IDs include:
Student ID (for guests 16 years and younger)
US Military ID
*Daily passes will not be sold to persons who fail to present a photo ID.
*Guests 10 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult providing proper photo identificaiton.
*Visitors and spectators will be required to show a photo ID to enter the facility
See Silversneakers page for special memberships for Seniors.
Medina Community Recreation Center
855 Weymouth Road
Medina, Ohio 44256