Find It Now
Fitness Classes & Personal Trainers
Being physcially and mentaly fit and healthy adds to the quality of life. MCRC offers fitness classes, fitness machines, free weights, a walking/jogging track and the help of certified fitness trainers to help you achieve and maintain your wellness
All fitness classes are led by certified, experienced instructors and designed for men and women ages 15 &up, all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. Classes are set to taseful music and include a warm-up, abdominal conditionaling and cool-down stretch.
- Variety of classes are conducted to meet any and every fitness level
- Mutiple Enrollment options available
- $48 Flex Pass (see info below) includes unlimited entry for MCRC members and non-members into aerobics classes all month long. Full 4-month Session Flex Passes are available for $170.
- Purchase a 5 class punch card that can be used for any land aerobics class. Punch cards do not expire. Member: $20, Non-member: $35
- Monthly Enrollment option allows the flexibility to sign up month-to-month for any class you choose. Pricing is per class but classes cannot be combined.
- 3 classes: $12 member, $21 non-member
- 4 classes: $16 member, $28 non-member
- 5 classes: $20 member, $35 non-member
- Drop-In option allows a per class purchase the day of class
Fitness Flex-Pass Guidelines
- Regular registrants for each class have a guaranteed spot in class— a Flex-Pass holder cannot take the spot of a participant registered for the entire class.
- Flex-Pass holders must sign in at the Front Desk to check for space availability.
- Flex-Pass holders must present their pass to the instructor to gain access into the class.
- A limited number of Flex-Passes are sold monthly beginning on the last Friday of the month. Passes expire at the end of the month.
- Flex-Passes are nonrefundable, nontransferable, cannot be shared & cannot be prorated. If lost or stolen, the MCRC is not responsible.
- Flex-Passes are valid for only the classes specified on the current monthly schedule.
- Schedules will be posted prior to the start of the month
- Water Aerobics classes are excluded from Flex Pass Package
(Note: not all classes will be listed in the current program brochure)
Boot Camp Amp up your heart rate and get results. This endurance cardio class using body weight will burn fat. Increase your aerobic and anaerobic capacity and build strength, stamina and agility. Incorporation/introduction to Tabata - High intensity interval training. Bring a water bottle and towel.
Cardio Kickboxing Ultimate cardio workout thta will increase stamina, flexibility and strength while conditioning and toning. A high impact, high energy, full body workout that incorporates elements of boxing, martial arts and aerobics.
Deep Water Join us for a nonimpact activity using the natural resistance of the water that will give you a terrific all over conditioning workout with great aerobic and toning benefits. Participants will use flotation equipment, however, you should feel comfortable in deep water.
HIIT & Tabata High Intensity Interval Training - alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. Speed up you metabolism and burn more calories. Serious reduction in total body fat. Improve your energy and endurance and reap the benefits long after your workout ends.
Mind & Body Yoga An exploration of Yoga postures connecting them through attention to breathing, alignment and mindfulness. Class is therapeutic in nature and you will improve flexibility, strength and balance while immersing yourself in relaxation. Perfect for stress relief and overall wellbeing helping you to unwind and bring balance to your mind and body.
Pilates Develop core strength and coordination. Improve your flexibility, posture and body awareness through traditional Pilates movement patterns with the use of breath and correct alignment. You will feel a difference in your posture and overall toning with every class.
Pound High Intensity Interval workout. Incorporates rhthmic movements to pound as you sweat. Includes upbeat music and high energy drumming.
Power Core Condition and challenge all major mus le groups in this class. Increase strength & flexibility while creating long, lean muschles. Soothing music assists in mind-body harmony. Emphasizing core strenth and back support.
Saturday Showcase Each month our instructors will work toether to feature many of our class favorites! We'll keep you on your toes this summer and give you a chance to experience many of our classes and keep you summer body in shape!
Schwinn Cycle Burn This is the most renowned cycling program on the planet and will burn more calories than any other workout. Send your energy levels soaring! Arrive 5 minutes early for proper bike fit. Bring lots of water and a towel.
Spin/Kettlebell Fusion Spinning is a fun, low impact, high calorie burning group exercise class that builds aerobic capacity and muscular endurance. All fitness levels can enjoy the same ride by adjusting resistance and movement to suit your own ability. Kettlebell is a full body exercise experience, a different kind of training using dynamic moves targeting almost every aspect of fitness: endurance, strength, balance, agility and cardio endurance. A challenging yet fun class.
Strength & Tone Beginner to intermediate class. Low to no impact with plenty of mat and floor work. Variety of equipment used.
Tai Chi Tai Chi is a slow, gentle range of motion activity that can be done standing or sitting to help increase balance, flexibility, and boost brain activity and the immune system. No additional equipment needed. Sign up today!
Thighs, Butts & Guts Plus Results oriented clas burns fat & tones the entire body while targeting those trouble zones. Burn & firm with variable resistance training and standing leg work. Some dance incorporated.
31 & Done A 31 minute interval class made up of 4: 7 minute intervals. Intervals will vary from lower body to cardio, core to arms.
Total Toning Create visible muscle tone with this unique marriage of sweat and strength. This class no only targets the trouble zones, but it also includes a fabulous upper body makeover - TOTAL BODY TONING. Your body will receive a superb cardio and muscle conditioning workout which will be simple to follow.
Water Fitness Water exercise offers a low to no impact resistance workout and is great for all ages. This class provides improvments in cardiovascular endurance, range of motion, flexibility, balance and stability. This shallow water class will be held in 4 to 5 feet of water and is set to music designed to energize.
Women on Weights No-nonsense class will target those trouble zones for Women! This class is ideal for metabolism boosting. All equipment provided and held in the aerobics room.
Yoga Do something special for yourself with this mental relaxation Yoga class. Unwind with gentle stretches and restorative breathing while learning relaxation techniques that will help you through the week. Create balance in your life and body through the development of strength, flexibility and posture. De-stress your mind and body during this 45 minute class - you owe it to yourself! Please wear comfortable clothing. Yoga mats provided.
Yoga/Pilates Mix The perfect fusion of two tried and true exercises.....Yoga and Pilates. Yogalates is designed to strengthen both the mind and the body through the combination of poses and exercises. Yoga focuses on flexibility, balance and relaxation while Pilates focuses on strengthening the core and better body alignment. Bring a towel and water bottle to each class. Mats are provided.
Zumba Zumba features aerobic and interval training combined with easy to follow dance moves. This Latin inspired dance fitness class uses a variety of routines to sculpt and tone the entire body. You will burn serious fat and calories in class. Exercise doesn't have to feel like work, so let's get dancing!
• Classes are noncompetitive, designed for men & women ages 15 & up, shapes, sizes & fitness levels.
• Classes are set to tasteful music & include a warm-up, abdominal conditioning & cool-down stretch.
• Children may not attend class. Please utilize the Rascal Room.
• Classes with fewer than 10 participants registered one week before the first class will be cancelled.
• Classes & instructors are subject to change based on enrollment.
• All classes start & end on time. No entry will be permitted 10 minutes into the start of the class.
• All classes are first-come, first-serve. Limitations are based on room size and/or equipment and are left to the discretion of the instructor. Classes are subject to class minimums and maximums.
• Keep yourself hydrated when exercising. Water bottles are permitted—no other food or drink is allowed.
• Wear comfortable clothing and shoes with good support.
• The program department reserves the right to temporarily or permanently cancel any classes based on low attendance or other reasons not specified.
Aerobics Drop In Policy
Purchase per-class passes on the day of the class.
Present receipt to the instructor prior to the start of class.
Members: $8 Non-Members: $10
HOW DO I BECOME INSTRUCTOR? The MCRC is always looking for quality instructors to run educational and enrichment programs for community members.
CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINERS
Certified Personal Trainers are available for any member interested in a more intensive, personalized, exercise programs. Our trainers make it their top priority to create a custom plan to help their clients reach their fitness goals. Whether you are new to exercise or a seasoned veteran, our personal trainers can guide you through safe, effective strength and cardio workouts to help you achieve your goals.